With wedding season right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about what songs do you want for each special moment at your event. If your having a difficult time deciding, or just don't know what to pick, click right here to get the help you need.
A spotify account is required.
Honoured to be the offical DJ for the first ever WedLuxe Fashion Show taking place inside the WedLuxe Show on January 14, 2018 at the Carlu in Toronto. Blessed to be working with the producers of World Mastercard Fashion Week, Monarch Events. This is going to be one event you don't want to miss!
For more information and tickets click here.
2017 was filled with so many exciting private events and weddings and I was so blessed to work with so many gifted photographers who specialize in capturing the magic, especially on the dance-floor.
A BIG THANK YOU to 5ive15ifteen, Barbara Ann Studios, Corina V Photography, Danijela Weddings, Elizabeth in Love, Ikonica, Mango Studios, Samantha Ong Photography, Tara and Barb of Tara McMullen Photography and When He Found Her. I'm humbled to get to work with such talented people.
Can't wait to see what 2018 has in store! Get ready to Be Moved.
Every year around this time I post the most requested songs from the past 12 months and below are the top 10 of 2017, so here we go!
10. Mi Gente - J Balvin, Willy William, Beyonce - This song came out late in the year but came out with a bang! Dance-floor masher!
9. Shape of You - Ed Sheeran - Ok, a little off topic but I've seen this guy perform live and he brings it each and every time. To watch him do what he does, just him and his guitar, is worth the price of admission. Plus, this song always gets the floor moving.
8. Pony - Ginuwine - This is a late, late, late night song. We'll leave it at that.
7. Juicy - The Notorious B.I.G. - "It was all a dream...". No song has a greater intro!
6. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys - There are very few songs that people remember the dance-routine from, and this is one of them.
5. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey - Some may be sick of it, but it's a classic. Period.
4. THE TRAGICALLY HIP. Canadian Icons. I had so many requests, not for specific songs, but just for "The Hip". So I picked my favourite "Bobcaygeon".
3. Ignition (RMX) - R. Kelly - "Now usually I don't do this but ah..."
2. 24K Magic - Bruno Mars - The title says it all, it's MAGIC.
1. Despacito (RMX) - Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber - Like 2013's "Blurred Lines" it started off HOT but like any amazing song, got played out fast. Regardless, when the song comes on...Tengo que bailar contigo hoy.
To enjoy all these tracks, click play on the Spotify link below. Parental Advisory. Spotify account required to hear the whole track.
You invest a lot time and money in creating a very specific look and feel for your event. The colours are bright, the linens and chairs compliment your florals and the space, the room has a natural flow and beauty, just the way you envisioned. So why not have a DJ set-up that matches what you've worked so hard to create.
This is how your event or wedding could look.
RAW. As in raw video footage. Having filmed and professionally edited videos are great, and be sure to check out mine here. Yet, when the party is pumpin', sometimes you need to pull out your iphone and capture the moment. Just like these...
"I have had the pleasure of working with Michael Coombs for more years than I can count. In that time Michael has always conducted himself with a degree to professionalism that is significantly elevated from most of his peers. He is the polished, professional, and impeccably polite. He takes tremendous pride in every single event he works. He is perfectly prepared for each and every event (never "winging it"). And he is focused on ever improving his craft and the range of services he offers. He also takes care of the venues he works in, and respects the rules and regulations, load-in procedures, and set up times. This may seem like a small detail, but if these details are ignored an event can get off to a rocky start. That's absolutely never the case with Micheal Coombs. He is a true professional and I would recommend Micheal to any client with perfect confidence."
Nicole Pieckenhagen - Managing Director
Graydon Hall Manor
Graydon Hall Manor is one of my favourite venues to play in Toronto and my parties there are always on point! The space is so inviting that the dance-floor fills up fast and guests, young and old(er) always have a great time. Take a look at what your wedding could be and enjoy!